1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobs for snow blowers

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by MassHighway23, Jan 20, 2011.

1. MassHighway23

MassHighway23 Senior Member

does anybody know how to put strobes on a snow blower?

2. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

Why would someone want to do that?

3. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

ya i think thats a bit unneeded if a pedestrian cant hear it and see it with out strobes they deserve to go through it.

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

If you have a self propelled you'll have a small battery if there's a headlight on it. Get an old Gen 1 LED and follow the wires for the head light. Easier if you get a reflective vest or coat.

I'm doing a Gen 1 on my lawn tractor w/plow since I have to go in the roadways...

5. Mount self contained led grill lights all they need is power then the flash

6. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

or a small LED beacon

7. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

Just wear one of these.

radio.jpg

8. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

If you want its very easy, I have put flood lights on them before, They have a stator on them under the flywheel if it already has a light on it. If it does not have it there is no 12v system on it, Even the self proppelled ones do not have on board batteries. They only generate 12v at full rpm and only about 2-3 amps. A simple fuse and switch will do you just fine.

9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i'm gonna go out on a limb and by your user name assume you mean a BIG snow blower...

and sure...its easy enough....just need the right quick connectors and mount the important stuff ont he cab side of the equation...