1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

StrobesnMore Vs Rigid

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by SchneiderPlowin, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Okay has anyone compared Strobesnmore to Rigid Surface Mount LED Lights?

Louis any thoughts? I know yours are a lot less expensive, but light output? Lumens?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I have rigid flush cut to into my rear bumper for reverse lights. 3 plus years old and they work great. The even survive two rear ending last season.

3. Thanks Bud, i figured they are good, but with the price difference i think it may be worth a look!

4. 1olddogtwo

oh, I argee. I have no 1st hand with those. I do have other SNM stuff and always had good performance. Just opened a box with 400 dollars worth of stuff from them.

5. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Strobesnmores branded lights are more of a quality off shores import product I believe and have 2 year warranty. Rigid is made here with lifetime warranty. Have you checked out lifetime led light bars? Lifetime warranty with low prices. Sold by advanced warning lights here on plowsite.

6. woody617

woody617 Member
    from pa

Just put a set of rigid dully lights under bumper mounted them the fram of truck for back up lights and all I can say is awesome . They are light day time when backing up . Looked into backup buddy thought about cutting the bumper was affraid with the cutting would make them rust . Looked on you tube . Love them . Even have a switch that can make them stay on all the time on with reverse in gear or off and not work when in reverse gear . Just tonight had to move wife's car and told her I am spoiled, I could not see a thing in the rain with only her back up lights . Love them . I think they were $160 on Amazon and paid a extra 25 for the correct wire harness with enough wire and 3 way switch to mount the lights correctly and work they way I wanted them to .

7. Slate

Slate Member

Rigid supposedly uses a "tougher" glass. Their prices are also ridiculous. Most places use the same products. I currently have 2 2x2 spot lights and a 21.5" flood bar. I've had them for almost 3 years now and they both work great. None of the LEDs have gone out and everythings works as it should. I won't say the brand because I don't know how this forum is about none vendor products, but they work great. I hit a deer this summer and it bent the 2x2 bracket, but didn't hurt the light/lense. I'm not afraid of the off brand products in LEDs. I've had good luck with them.

I don't have a problem with rigids, I just don't have deep pockets. I would definitely take a set if it was free lol. Most prices vary because of different warranties.

8. I just checked them out tonight... let's through them in the loop as well. Thanks !

9. I feel the same way..... no deep pockets here! Can you pm me the name of those lights? Thanks

10. 1olddogtwo

Some lights are just overrated.......

image.jpg

11. [QUOWE=1olddogtwo;1892689]Some lights are just overrated.......[/QUOTE]

LMAO..... that guy is definitely trying to compensate something..... What do you think??

12. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Like comparing apples to a prime rib. Not even close.
    You get what you pay for. Life is so simple.
    Do you want china made crap. Go buy it.
    You want a quality made product. Go buy it. It's your money.
    Buy once cry once.
    Claimed lumen output and actual lumen out put is very different.

13. Exactly that's why I was trying to determine weather it was worth it or not

14. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Are lights are not made in China and I believe rigid are only assembled in the United States but I could be mistaken. We looked for a manufacturer who could give us a quality light at a reasonable price. I personally have never held a rigid brand light in my hand so I cannot speak one way or the other regarding their products. I know they have a very good reputation and I'm sure thousands and thousands of very happy customers. Are lights come with a two-year full replacement warranty and we do our own testing to verify the claimed lumen output of any light we offer. We have installed a couple and rear bumper so far and I've not had any complaints. We have had a few come back over the years with water intrusion for one reason or another but so far our lights of held up very very well. For the money I think our lights are great value when you compare dollars to Lumens. If I can answer any other questions just let me know.

15. 1olddogtwo

16. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Can you show where they are made then?
    Why do your lights look identical to every other cheap led light on the market?
    Is every other company copying your design? I know they are not comparable to Whelen or Rigid or Baja Designs, nor are you claiming they are equal.
    Not trying to knock your stuff . Just show us the proof they are not made in China , or with china parts? We have the right to know. Where are they made?
    What's the company that makes them in house for you ?
    I can go on Amazon and find dozens of lights that are identical to your brand.
    Either they are all made in the same place , or everyone out there is copying you?
    I have a few friends who have you Eflood leds. That claim to be 5000 lumens.
    I have Whelens Pioneer line of leds that are only 3000 lumens.
    The 3000 lumen Whelens drown out the supposed 5000 lumen strobesnmore brand.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  17. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

18. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Ok. I apologize. Your lights may not be made in China like I asked.
    I just found out they are made in Taiwan.
    If that really makes a difference. ??

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014