1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

StrobesnMore E series Hideaways

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by oh8chevy2500, May 12, 2011.

1. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

Who has these? how is the light output? night and day? just looking for a review on these before i pull the tripper for them on 2 trucks and my car

2. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I have the surface mount E3's, (similar to whelen TIR3) and am very happy with them. I put my truck next to one of our chiefs cars that has TIR3's at night and the light output was very similar.

3. tomx20

tomx20 Member

I have them. They are good for the money, but I would try to get a set of SOS undercovers. Those have 3 seperate removable heads that make the lighting output good in different situations (ie side output, straight on output)

The thing that I don't like about the e series is that they aren't on seperate flashers. Other than that, they are solid lights for the money.

Here's a video of my car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkXYRwUoWUI

Hope that helps!
    Tom

4. oh8chevy2500

vertex seem to have much more output than the e-series

5. tomx20

tomx20 Member

I like the vertexes. In all fairness, the vertex are in a much larger housing than the e series

6. oh8chevy2500

true .. i'm lookin to put them in the reverse lights of an 08 and 09 2500HD and then out fit my new camaro so thats (atleast) 4 in the rear and possibly 2 or 4 in the front ..