1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by vmderrick, Feb 3, 2009.

1. vmderrick

vmderrick Junior Member

Hi I am new to this site. I have a 2006 gmc sierra with blocks in the back and lift keys in the front. I am looking for a hide away strobes and i mini strobe bar that goes on my safety rack. any suggestions

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Theres alot of guys that now are getting the new whelen hide-a-way leds. The vertex. If it were me I'd get a set of 4 of the, and put 1 in each of the amber turn signals in the back of the truck, and the 2 up from I'd get in amber and put them in either the DRLS or the running lights. Also as far as the mini strobe bars go, alot of guys on here like the mini whelen edges. either the 4 strobe or 6 strobe bars. Is the truck a ext crew or reg cab? If its a reg cab get your self a back rac, or build on so the bar doesn't sit on the roof of the truck and scratch it all up.

Ryan

3. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

go all led as he said VVVV

and he said he was putting it on a safety rack. read the whole post. lol.

4. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

go whelen

as said before get the whelen vertex hide away LEDs instead of strobe, and for your safty rack i would either get a Whelen mini liberty, mini justice or a responder LED bar, also if your intrested i have a full size whelen edge strobe bar for sale

5. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Whelen Vertex LED Hid-A-Ways
    And
    Whelen Responder LP Led Mini Lightbar

6. maple-guy

maple-guy Member

I use this model:

http://www.fedsig.com/products/index.php?id=259

I chose the clear model with yellow leds. I paid 330$ Canadian for it including the suction/magnet mounting. It is ready to work with a cig lighter plug with a switch.

7. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I'm putting in Vertex led's (amber) in my turn signals in front, the backup lights in the rear, and get clear led's for the high mount light (3rd brake light)...I would suggest them as I looked at a lot of different types before settling on them. Just the quality of the Whelen product line, the price, and the ability to tie it in with all my other Whelen lights...