1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by wng-2, Sep 4, 2013.

1. wng-2

wng-2 Member

Friend is buying a plow this year. He wants to get the strobe lights that go inside existing lenses on the vehicle like on municipal safety vehicles. Any suggestions on what to buy and where? Thanks

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well today you can go strobe or led in the hid a way' s I personal like the strobe but the led' s will make less heat and are smaller configuration . I don't have any led' s but I do have whelen strobes but I would recommend one roof top type of warning light also . lights in the front usually bounce off the plow and can get annoying real fast I never had mine on in the front when plowing for that reason.

3. wng-2

wng-2 Member

Thanks for the info. He can't do a roof top as it will prevent him from getting in his garage. Where is a good place to buy?

4. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

whelens led hideaways are really good, you can buy off the website.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

strobesnmore.com

6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

They have some good stuff at strobesnmore I got my light bar at mhq at the time and got a real good deal
    http://www.mhq.com/

7. Red02F250

Red02F250 Senior Member

I have all LEDs on my truck, all hidden. They take up less space, are easier to install, create no heat, draw less power than strobes and are brighter and have more flash patterns.

I use the Whelen Vertex Hide-a-way LEDs, amber in reverse lights and cargo lights on the cab roof, with Atomic LED Cab Clearance Lights. They're great. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjSa__OokAw

You can get them anywhere, eBay, Amazon etc. Sometimes you get good deals there. Strobesnmore.com also usually has good prices and customer service. If you google them, you'll find endless places to get them.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013