1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes on plow frame

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DHDB, Apr 10, 2013.

1. DHDB

DHDB Member

Has anyone mounted strobe lights to their plow frame? I am interested in doing this. Just not sure what to use for a waterproof connector. Anyone have a recommendation? I plan on mounting Lin6's tommy Fisher frame. Probably on the flat spot under the lights.

2. stg454

stg454 Senior Member

I installed hide always in my friends Fisher MMII lights. I used a weather pack connector to wire them up. If you don't know what a weather pack is you can google it. It's worked very well. They are used a lot for OEM wiring as well.

3. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

I'm on my iPad so I can't post a pic but here are a few different ones that we have used for lightbars and things along those lines. Just like any connector, dielectric grease it and you'll never have a problem with corrosion.
    Take a walk down the isle in Walmart or napa auto and you'll find something under 3 bucks!

I even use the 4 flat trailer plug for my salt sprayer! You just want something that can easily be connected or disconnected in the cold with gloves on. Also it's nice when it's made so they only fit one way! This way you dont short out your system!
    http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1638