1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobes on a f250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by stcroixjoe, Jan 10, 2007.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

just wondering who has them in there truck where did you mount everything pics would be great how many watts?/ i am going to order some from a guy on here and just want some info thanks joe i have a 2000

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  2. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service Senior Member

Leds

Here are some pics for you...I have 2 in the grill...And 2 on each side of the truck under the doors...And 2 between the lift gate and bumper...This way you are seen from every way

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  3. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

other 2

Here the other 2 pics

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  4. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Mounted them in the front driving lights (turnsignals clear side) and in the tail lights its a wehlen I think i spelled that right.

Hey Rocky fire those up on a video lets see them.:bluebounc

5. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

on the rear did you put them in the reverse light(clear) or the stop (red) and the clear turns in the front aftermarket?

6. WALKERS

They are in the clear front and the red rear. I know NOT THE RED ONES, but haven,t
    had any problems yet (Knock on snow):D

7. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

On my 2003, I put them in the front turn signals, and put them in the reverse lights...I used the Galileo 90 watt kit..I used the amber bulbs in the front, clear in the reverse lights...

8. ohioplowboy

ohioplowboy Junior Member

we have them on 7 f-250's in the front turn signals and the reverse lights. just make sure you put dielectric grease in the connections and where the wire goes into the connector i put silicone in it to keep moisture out, especially on the rear

9. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

Video

:rolleyes: I dont know how to do video...

10. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

For you guys with the strobs in your head and tail lights. Do the light make any sound you can hear out of your speakers? You know like a buzz or a humm.

11. WALKERS

Mayor
    no I dont have a buzz sound in the speakers sounds like awiring problem. good luck

12. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

that would be a bad ground or too much electrical components running for the guage wire the existing ground is. I now run an extra 4g ground from the neg batt terminal to the fender. This has prevented any problems like that on the trucks I have done it to. I have been doing it for about 10 years now. Stock ground wires to the body are a 12g from the battery to the fender and a ground strap from the engine block to the fire wall and another from the frame to the bed. When you are running lights, wipers, heater, strobe, radio, brake lights, etc you are using more current than the stock ones can provide

yes there is a 2g ground that goes from the battery to the frame and from the frame to the altenator bracket, but the body is mounted on rubber seperating it from those large guage grounds

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  13. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

All I have is that little beacon on the top of the cab there. I got it off eBay.
    It had a cigarette lighter plug on the end. I took that off and wired it to a switch.
    It's small, but damn bright...

[​IMG]

14. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Code 3 PSE 90W Strobe Supply running clear hideaway strobes in the front turn signals and rear tailights, along with an amber strobe bar.

15. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

I have a Whelen system, 90 watt. I have them mounted in the front turn signals and the rear turn signals. I have both amber and clear lenses for the fronts but clear bulbs, all I do is swap out the lenses. In the rear I was told not to put them in the rear back up area as they may melt the clear lens, because it's a small area! If someone know's something different let me know! I love mine!

16. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I have mine mounted in the reverse light, and when we had snow in the beginning of Dec (man that was a long time ago :realmad: ) I practically had them on for 10 hours total I would say with no problems...I'm not saying that it doesnt happen because it might, but I didnt have a problem...and I absolutely love mine also...SuperDuty do you have any pics of your rig??? looks good!

17. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

The problem with putting the strobes in the white of the tailights is arching. If you can find a way to get them in without touching the other existing bulb, they will most definately arc off each other and cause a blown bulb/fuse, or a fire. You're better off sticking them in the red. Afterall your not trying to pull someone over plowing a driveway and i think cops realize that.

18. Pat M

Pat M Member

Is everyone basically doing a 4 head system or has anyone done a 6 head system. I ordered a 6 head 60 watt Whelen system and was debating between mounting 4 up front with 2 in the rears or mounting 2 up front with 4 in the rear. Heck possibly even put in a set of roof clearance lights and mount 2 front, 2 rear and then 2 on the outside roof clearance lights.

19. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

Mine is the whelen 90w x 6. I only use 4 though. If i get bored one day i'll find a way to put the other 2 in.

20. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I got a 6 head 90w lightning X strobe sytem. I love it, I put 2 in the reverse lights and 2 in the cargo lights on either side of the third break light. I have heard some people say that they will melt the fixture in that small area but I have not had a problem yet. I just was out the other day and I would get out and feel the lens at the end of each lot. They were warm but not so warm that you couldn't touch it. I could see this being a problem in the summer if you were using it. I think in the winter it will be ok. I have the last 2 in the front trun signals.
    [​IMG]