1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobes not working??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by dyllan78, Jan 29, 2014.

1. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

I have the wolo 4 strobe light kit, It stopped working all of a sudden the other day. I thought it was my box, but when i shipped it to wolo they said it works fine. Im getting power from switch to the box. What else could it be? all four lights are not working. can anyone help?

2. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Check fuses and grounds. If your ground loosened or came off, the unit will not work. Also, the power from the switch to the unit is just a turn on lead. The supply has a separate line in which also should be fused somewhere in line. If those are all good, you can unplug one light at a time and see if the others fire. If one of your strobe wires shorts out, it can stop the supply from working.

3. '08FX4SnoPro3K

'08FX4SnoPro3K Member

+1 on the strobe wires shorting. Happened to me in the past. Mines an older Whelan high voltage type. Not familiar with the WOLO. But when the Whelan shorts like that you can hear the short when you turn on the strobes. Makes a snapping sound where the short is arcing.

4. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Check the above and then check all your connections at the strobe tubes as well. Sometimes they get wet and short out.

5. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

I checked everything, I got to where i unplugged each one individually and found that one of the back lights when i go to plug it or unplug it i see a little spark. does that mean there is a short somewhere?

6. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

If you unhook that strobe, do the others work? Did any of them work when you unplugged them? And, is it sparking at at the power supply or at the strobe?

7. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

The two front work, the one rear sparks and the other doesn't

8. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

I also took both light from the back and connected them one at a time to the front and they both work, maybe a short somewhere?

9. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Sounds like a definite short somewhere on those back strobes.

10. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

found it, water got in where i put connectors to extend the wire. cleaned it up and back to normal. hopefully it doesn't happen again. wish i put one long wire from the beginning. anyway thanks to all for your help.

11. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Glad to hear!