1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes N. More

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by White Gardens, Dec 18, 2012.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Got a set of the E-series LED hideaways ordered from them today.

I went ahead and used the next day shipping, along with the plowsite coupon code, so they should be here tomorrow with free shipping! That's one heck of a deal!

Just want to say thanks to strobes-n-more for the deal on shipping. That and also having a live customer service rep on the line right away to answer any of my questions before ordering.

Thumbs Up

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

so the plowsite coupon code covered next day shipping??? are you sure about that? i thought it only covered standard shipping.

or you opted for the more expensive next day shipping and were credited the amount that you would have incurred under the standard shipping?

anyway, i just installed a set of their EHAWs on the front of my truck this past weekend. i'm very happy with them.

3. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

What is the plowsite coupon code

4. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Same here but I installed mine just above the tail lights on the back of my Jeep for backing out of driveways. They are bright and well worth the $100.

5. White Gardens

I tried just standard shipping and it gave me free shipping. Then I thought, why not try to see if it covered the expensive next day shipping and it did. It took every penny of the shipping cost off.

plowsite

6. linckeil

from CT

thats gotta be a glitch on the website. they better fix that or they will loose their shirt covering next day shipping costs. i wouldn't be surprised if it's sent standard delivery.

7. White Gardens

Oh well, not like I necessarily was looking for free over-night shipping, yet I need them right away.

I needed them sooner than later, so I was expecting to see at least the deduction of the standard shipping.

I'm an honest injun, so if they decide to just send it standard, then it will be fine with me.

8. White Gardens

Also just e-mailed the company to bring this to their attention, and if they want to adjust the shipping cost for my order.

Damned Ethics......... :cry:Thumbs Up

9. linckeil

from CT

build that good karma!!!

10. White Gardens

Ya, sometimes I feel I've got credit stored up with 20 years worth of good Karma, I'm hoping it decides to cash itself in all at once!

11. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Who knows, maybe they will give you a coupon or gift certificate for saving them money or customer frustration by telling them about the glitch.

12. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

we bought many really high end strobe set ups from snm over the years and was pretty satisfied with the quality. then was sold a bad 250.00 strobe head , we then called the tech dept and was asked if we had spliced the wires on it to hook it up . i said we had and was told by the owner " then it's yours".

how else would one know if the head was bad other than to charge the light ? was then told to "call the manufacturer, it's now their problem , not ours ". we found that ebay is much more reasonable on pricing and return regulations . just our experience with snm .

13. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Id be pretty pissed. :realmad:

14. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

well he is the one who loses more than us. we used to purchase thousands in products before that . no biggy , thats snow business. ebay is much more cheaper and the purchaser is a bit more protected.

15. linckeil

from CT

thats an unfortunate experience and i hope that is not the norm. my experiences have been positive, but not all are.

i will say that when i got my kits, there was a notice on a package that if anything is wrong with the product, they need to be notified within 24 hours. i was surprised to see this as most people are not able to install the next day depending on their schedule. i didn't get around to installing until 2 weeks later, but everything worked as it should. but that warning did kind of rub me the wrong way, especially considering the product came with a 2 year warranty....

16. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I highly doubt Spool it up account of his issue is accurate. That does not sound like anything we would say and I don't know of a strobe head that costs $250.00. However we have customers who damage items themselves almost daily and we help as many as we can. We do refer warranty work to the manufacturer as this is common with all the items we sell. We are not the ones warrantying them. The "he lost thousands" comment we always here when customers are mad but that is the way it goes. We are not miracle workers. If you want to give me your name I will be happy to look at the issue and report back so we have the facts.

On the free shipping it covers ground in the Cont. USA on orders over $50.00.

17. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I just installed to day, a pair of e6's and I would say they are as bright as the linz 6's I had.

18. White Gardens

Got that info in an e-mail response from strobes N more.

But the shipping was still going to be relatively quick and I've come down with the flu, so there is no way I'm dealing with them right away anyway.

Were only expecting about .5" of snow tomorrow evening. Just enough for a small salt run and back home to bed to recover.

Oh, and BTW, I had a flu shot. :mad: . I guess it didn't cover the strain I got. I will never get a flu shot again.

19. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I use to get the shot but not any more. I am home with the flu too. Fun isn't it?

20. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

Any news on these how did you like them was they bright?