1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes N More

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by dfdsuperduty, Dec 30, 2010.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know I recieved my E6 from strobesnmore.com and holy crap this thing is awesome. I have it mounted on the back of my v box so when I am throwing salt it turns on alternating yellow and red.... Oh and I entered the code plowsite and got my shipping for free. From Rhode Island to Dyer Indiana in about 2 days can't complain at all!!!!!

p.s. they are not paying me just wanted to say cudos to a plowsite sponser!

2. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Get a pic up.....How do you have it hooked up? I wanted 2 for my rear interior deck but wasnt sure if i needed a box....

3. dfdsuperduty

e6 is an led that is all self contained.... i ordered a custom wiring harness from karrier that had a built in pigtail for the lights so I just hooked it up to that i will try to get some pics up soon

4. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

how do you switch patterns..

5. dfdsuperduty

you have to decide that prior to install i believe its the blue wire has to be touched to the power for like 3-5 sec and it will switch patterns

6. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Thanks for the positive feedback.

To switch the patterns you touch the Blue wire to Ground -12 volts for just a second. Holding it for more than 4 seconds will cause the light to shut off in which case you just touch it again to ground and it will turn back on. Just wanted to post that correction.

7. dfdsuperduty

sorry about the mis information didn't have the instructions in front of me but then what guy reads the damn things anyway. Now if we could just get some snow.....

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

custom harness?....what ya got going on?

e6 is this light BTW

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  9. dfdsuperduty

that would be the one george.... custom harness from karrier