1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes N More LEDS?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by EGLC, Dec 18, 2015.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone had good use with these lights?? I need to outfit 3 trucks and normally use WHELEN but their lights are catching my eye with the big price difference...

Are they good???
    Do they back their 5 year warranty????

Thanks guys!

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

I've had good luck with my Strobes N More E6's for the last two years. I've bought a decent amount of stuff from them and they're great to deal with. As far as brightness goes though, Whelen has them beat hands down. You do get what you pay for.

3. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

Feniex lights are another option, I have a few and think they are extremely bright for their small size.

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Good lights, comparable in brightness to my $$$ federal signal Lightbar. Can't comment on warranty experiences though.

5. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

SNM E4s are good. I have put a bunch of them on my trucks. I recently also picked up a few Feniex t6's and they are good too.

As far as warranty with SNM they are good with it. You just have to follow their procedures and should have no issues getting it warrantied.

6. CoastalEVS

CoastalEVS Sponsor
    from NJ

Don't rule out Feniex lights. We can work up a package deal for you.

7. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I have both whelen and SNM, honestly I'll be buying strobes n more from now on. Whelen is a bit brighter, not enough to justify cost. If I was going to be stopping on the interstate every day I may say whelen but aside from that every truck will now get strobes n more.

8. AllHands

AllHands Junior Member

I have had whelen's that have lasted me 10 years and outlived their technology lol i have also had strobes n more stuff, they make a good product, but DEFINATELY not as durable and no where near as long lasting. Id pay more for the whelen's again

9. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

As I mentioned earlier, I have Strobes N More E6, Whelen LINZ6 along with Star GEN3 LED's in the lower level of my Star Interceptor bar. Oh, and they're literally side by side. So I'm probably one of the few who can compare at least these three LED products with any level of accuracy.

The Star and SNM LEDs are pretty comparable in warning power. I'd call them "adequate." The Whelen LINZ6's however blow them both away. I've had zero problems with any of the three brands in over 3 years of use.

10. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Well op seems the general consensus is that S&M is good bang for buck but whelen is brighter. So you can pony up extra $$$ or just buy what works. Sorta like buying a crew cab long box platinum F-350, it's nice but will it do a better job than the XL F-350 single cab? Up to you to decide.

11. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

12. PHS79

PHS79 Member

We just had one of our 3500HD pickups (muni water/sewer dept) out fitted with SNM E4s. We put 2 in the grille, 2 on each of the tool boxes on the bed rails (1 side and 1 rear on both boxes), and 4 on the sander (1 facing each side and 2 out the rear). The guy that did the install told us that the only brands he will install are Whelen and SNM, he suggested SNM because of the bang for the buck.

13. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I have an EFLOODS4200 combination flood light emergency light in my grill on my truck. When i received the light it had a few bad LED's. Contacted them sent it back for testing, and within a few days i had a replacement.

14. 04fordf350

04fordf350 Junior Member
    from RI

They are a great company to deal with and have awesome products. I run all their products on my equipment except for my feniex full size light bar. I have only had one problem with their E4 light and it was water got into the module. They sent me a new one the next day under warranty.

BTW they have a free shipping code on this site somewhere.