1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes n more E4 install

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by blueline38, Apr 24, 2012.

1. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

grill lights installed using weatherproof connectors.:mechanic:

optional 385.jpg

optional 388.jpg

optional 378.jpg

optional 383.jpg

optional 380.jpg

2. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I like that! clean and simple, Nice job!!

4. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Nice looking truck and installation. I do have one question though. Do you use that truck to plow? (Understanding that blue lights are for volunteer fire fighters in NY.) The reason I ask is that the bra Ford provides for covering the entire grill while plowing would completely hide those bad boys. Bummer.

5. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I haven't bought a plow for this truck yet and after this season, I'm glad I didn't! As far as the bra, it's a gasser, so I don't think I'll need one!

6. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

AND, thanks for the props on the install. LED's are SOOOO much easier then strobes! I can't give enough props to Ford for the upfitter switches either.

7. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

E44

mounts in. Just waiting for the arrival of my E44!

IMG_20120430_134434.jpg

IMG_20120430_134444.jpg

8. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

E44

E44 installed and custom flash shield attached

IMG_20120510_171501.jpg

IMG_20120510_171519.jpg

9. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Looks good!! Is your FD in Pulaski??

10. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

As a matter of fact it is!

11. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Thought thats what I saw on the trucks. We come up every Oct. for three weekends salmon/steelhead fishing.

12. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

13. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

just curious.... doesn't the law state that emergency lighting must be visible 360 degrees....not trying to cause any crap just asking ....that what ohio law is

14. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Yes it does. I have strobes in the parking lamps front and rear that can be seen from the side and rear. With that said, no one cares! The police have better things to do then harass vol. firefighters! Plus, driving to the fire department only requires people in front of me to see the light........Thumbs Up

15. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

very true.... but being both a vol and paid ff for 20 years, i know and i am sure you do about morons trying to sue your @@#$$ off because they were texting/drunk/putting on make up when they slammed in the side of you.....

16. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

blue lights are just for members. Red lights are chief vehicles. If they run into the side of me it's because they ran a red light or a stop sign since I have to obey them! If I were a chief I would have more side visible lights. I've been a police officer for 9 years so I know about law suits! Thumbs Up

17. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Do you have any close up pictures without the strobes on? I just purchased the E4's and I am trying to get some ideas on how to instal them in the grill of my f350.

18. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

No close ups but if you look at the first picture, you can see how they are mounted. I used a metal plate, behind the grill, to basically clamp it to the grill.

Actually, photograph three and five show close ups of behind the grill. The front is just against the grill since they are waterproof.

19. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Does the e4 stick out far being that it is mounted in the front? Did you use the black pad they give you when you installed it? Also what did you use to make your plug? Where did you buy it?

20. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

E4

I'll post some pics here in a minute to show their depth. They do not stick out past the chrome. I left the black foam on. My plugs are weather pack which I got from a local emergency light install shop. They can be found at http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/weather-pack-kits-c-74.html fairly cheap. They work good and make for a professional "looking" installation!