1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobes lights sold on thebay

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by pashtrd, Jul 7, 2008.

1. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

they all look cheap as hell to me. i def wouldnt buy the hide-a-way flashers. nothing like drilling a nice one inch hole in your tail lights for em then they **** the bed. id spend the little ectra to get a decient set of hide-a-ways. but thats just me.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

4. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

I kind of figured they were too good to be true thanks for the links.

5. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

6. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

If you're doing anything longer than a regular cab, you'll want 20 foot cables for the farthest points. As for the different kits here, you had it right, you get what you pay for. I'm not gonna go into my rant about china knock-offs and such, I'm sure you can find that else where on here xysport

7. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

well i have an extended cab 6 ft box. All i can find are the 15' cables. In fact i found a whelen on ebay used, with new cables and strobes. but it has 15' cables. are the 30' cables available for purchase seperately? it is a 60 watt unit...is that good?

8. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

id say go with whelen HAWs and whelen tir3s.

it will be more expensive but its a hell of a lot better. the tir3s are waterproof and the HAWs are the best.

9. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

The 60 Watt will be ok, if yor really want bright, go 90W. Try www.vlsusa.com and build yourself a kit and see what the price is. Also try www.lshlights.net or www. strobesnmore.com

10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

its true you get what you pay for. youll be happy in the long run you spent the extra money first, instead of having to replace lights. my suggestion is the Whelen LINs, i love mine.

im glad you like the avatar Goldpro. but what happened to its .....

11. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

how much of a difference is there in the brightness of the 60w vs 90w? anyone have any videos? are the 60w visible during the day?

12. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

ive got 90 watt whelens in my truck and you can see them during the day, look for my post titled short whelen vids.. theres 4 short vides in there , i have clear whelen tubes in front and amber in the rear.. its a beautiful site all lit up at night. like blue line said save yourself the trouble and get 20' cables...

13. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

thanks for the link, anyone have any vids of the 60w kits?
    Matt

14. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict