1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobes in roof lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by stryker 12, Mar 16, 2008.

1. stryker 12

stryker 12 Junior Member

i have seen trucks with hide-away strobes in their roof markers . anybody have that in their trucks and if you do how do u like them.ussmileyflag

2. Lowriderfd44

Lowriderfd44 Senior Member

We actually just started talking about this in another thread. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=60506

I personally think there might not be enough room in the marker lights. Strobe tubes get hot. Without enough clearance between the bulb and the plastic housing, you risk melting your light and blowing your bulb. Neither of which are cheap to replace. lol.

3. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

I've seen it done on Chevy's... Kinda sketchy if you ask me. Then again, a lot of reverse light housings are tiny too. Hide aways are designed to work with a reflector in a headlight/taillight housing, you get a lot more punch. Do the 4 corners and put a mini bar on top for best results.

4. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

5. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

W6A_154x154.jpg

6. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I know a guy that put strobes in his MACK roof lights. A little bigger but after 8 years never melted a lens.

7. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I put the tubes in my two outside cab marker lights. I had to relocate the factory bulbs further back, and mounted the tubes where the factory bulbs were. I have been using them for three years with no melting and no bulb failures. I use them all the time.