1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes in NBS chevy headlamps?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by harley hauler, Dec 6, 2007.

1. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Has anyone put strobes in the headlights of a new chevy? If so do you have a pic? Just got done putting the harness in for my plow and it didn't look like there was enough room. I took the whelen 90wt 4 bulb out of my Ford and want to put it in my new truck. With the ford I had a worl of room in the headlights! Your thoughts please:)

2. itchyfishnv

itchyfishnv Member

bring em to my garage well fit em in there.

3. pyro29

pyro29 Member

If you have a Whelen service center / authorized installer, not just a dealer, they can tell you exactly where they should go. As stupid as this may sound, they do testing on OEM lamp assemblies to find the optically "best" installation point. I nver believed it myself until it was confirmed to me by a couple people I know who work at their headquarters in Chester.

4. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

elightbars.org is a great resource. This post in particular was very helpful.

6. big bird

big bird Senior Member

wounder y they do not work hit the switch a couple times then they work what is going on here ?????:cry:

7. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

What are you talking about? Your question has nothing to do with this thread. Post more info and maybe we can help you out.

8. big bird

big bird Senior Member

i have a set of strobes , they worked fine now all of a suden you have to flip the switch a bunch of times then they work

9. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

What type of system? Who makes it? Factory switch? Is it new or used?

10. big bird

big bird Senior Member

the power supply is whellen switch is a w direct

11. big bird

big bird Senior Member

oo yea it used 3years old

12. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

You still didn't answer the questions. If I had to guess, if all tubes are effected and it's an intermittant problem, it's probably the power supply going bad.

13. big bird

big bird Senior Member

i think its going bad wtf this sucks :cry::cry::cry:

14. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Lemme know what you have; I may have a replacement.

15. big bird

big bird Senior Member

sos660a power supply for 6 bulbs

16. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Are you running 6 tubes or just 4?

17. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I have. I decided to remove the lower marker bulb in each head lamp and use the hole for the strobe. Turn signals are bright, markers fine - I really don't think I lost anything.

You do have to remove the radiator cowl, grill, grill bracket and there are three screws holding the head in place. Then swing it gently forward while rotating it into toward the center of the grill.

18. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Well ... does this happen when it's dry out and has been dry for 8 hours or more??? Or does this issue seem to happen when the truck has moisture on it?

19. big bird

big bird Senior Member

runing 4 found out there is a rip in the line fixed it now its all good:drinkup::drinkup:

20. big bird

big bird Senior Member

when its wet out only