1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes in LED Tail Lights?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by EGLC, Jun 21, 2009.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

could put them in place of the reverse lights.

I'm sure you have aux reverse lights anyhow.

3. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

it can be done, depends on the construction of the light housing itself. I put strobes in a 2008 caddy escalde with the $700.00 each led tails before, thats was kinda nerve racking.

ask the seller to send you some nice pics of the back of the light, then you can see.

I am fairly certian they can be added into the reverse light area and then you swap out the standard reverse bulb for a LED unit to match the LED taillight anyhow and gain some space there too.

but why not just stick with the LED theme and order up a set of VERTEX to mount in those badboys.....that woudl look trick..

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I would get vertex's but $ is tight man

5. tojay22

tojay22 Member

it can be done! i put them in my recon led taillights on my f350. i put them in next to the reverse lights.

6. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

backup lights would be easy. the led part of the taillights id say impossable.

7. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

vertexs are cheaper then strobes so i dont know how that would affect your budget?

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

what planet are you on??......75 a piece for vertex = a 300.00 4 corner kit....

4 corners on strobes is no where near 300.00

9. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

haha nvm. i forgot how much strobes were. but leds are so much better and i would pay the extra $100-150 for them.