1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes in 2010 Dodge Ram 3500

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ChickenKing, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Member

I sold my Ford and moved on the a 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW Cummins and want to install the 90Watt Whelan stobes in the new truck. Does anyone have any photos or recommendations on where to put the strobe tubes in the headlights, taillights and the power supply in this truck. As always....thanks for the advice.

Jeff

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i would go with whelen Vertex in the rear and Linz 6 in the front they are double wall headlight

3. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Member

Would love to buy a new package but cash is a little tight and I already have the complete 90W package that I took out of my old truck. Was wondering what locations in the head & tail lights the bulbs should go but couldnt find any pics of installs. Thanks.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I would put them in the red turn signal of the tail light. I think you'll find if they are in the clear reverse part of the tail light they'll be insainly bright, and to annoying when its snowing real hard. Also you'll get a lot of flash back when its snowing real hard if they are in the clear. In the front I would put them in the blinker housing of the headlight. Remember the headlights are double walled so you'll have to drill a 1 1/2 inch hole then the 1 inch hole for the tube.Then seal up the bigger hole.

If you do put them in the headlights I would do this. Drill the outter hole with a 1 1/2 inch hole saw. Save the cut out, then drill the main 1 inch hole for the tube. Once that is done take the white connector off then with that saved cut out from the first hole slide the wires threw the drill bit opening of the cut out from the whole saw then silicone the cut out back in place. Once its dry put the white connector back on and re-install the headlight. If you look at the end of the opening where the pins are you'll see a little tab that you can press down with a little flat head screw driver. The strobe tube wires will come out of that white connector then. Just remember to bend that tab back out when putting the wires back in the connectors otherwise they wont stay in. Also make sure the wires line up. Red to red. Black to black and white to white. Hope this helps.

5. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Member

Sounds good, pretty much same process as when I did the strobes on the Ford. So I'm assuming there is plenty of room in the lights to drill holes. I'll be doing this in the next few weeks to get ready for the season. Thanks again.