1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes in 2005 GMC 2500HD

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by CSLC, Aug 23, 2012.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I have 4 strobes currently in my truck 2 in front (DTRL) 2 in rear all amber (Taillights Amber). I want to add 4 more because people are still having trouble seeing a big white truck with a big red plow on front of truck. I was thinking about doing my highbeams in the front, clear or amber and clear in my reverse lights. I am getting a set of some kind of reverse lights for truck so I can see better also.<<<< led. What are opinions on strobes and kind of reverse lights?

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

I have all clear in high beams and in the reverse light (have a chevy so no amber) so i think that would look good. You may want to look into whelen vertexes or the strobes n more brand ones to save your battery. I also have led reverse lights super bright and only about $15 off amazon.

3. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I am looking at these strobes http://advancedwarninglights.com/awl-led-hide-away-4-pcs.html

The first set is from strobes n more and they do not seem very bright

What reverse lights did you get?

4. durafish

from 02919

I haven't seen or heard good or bad things about that company but i do know that that seems to cheap for quality lights. Some of their other stuff looks like STL lights which have very bad reviews and all made in china :rolleyes:http://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
    I would go with with a name brand light, I'm sure someone will chime in with more info

edit: after looking more at that site their stuff looks bright and comes with a 2 year warranty so for less than $200 you can have led HAW for at least 2 years and then buy them again and be only spend a little more then buying a name brand light

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  5. durafish

from 02919

Bump...to see other peoples opinions on theses lights

6. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Bump....No other suggestions?

7. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

Reverse lights are good, high beams will just drown out the punch of the strobe, and you are still left without side warning. I would toss on a mini led lightbar so yo have full 360 degree warning.

8. durafish

from 02919

I have the strobes in the highs and there still pretty bright but yea they do get drown down a bit. Depending on the your budget you could a led bar but when pulling out i wouldnt think people would see much depending on how close they are to it. You could get some Tirs 3 and put on the side of the bumber filler for side coverage. And maby if you have a toolbox or backrack you could mount two right there?

9. Richmor52

Richmor52 Junior Member

10. durafish

from 02919

11. Richmor52

Richmor52 Junior Member

12. orinicklawncare

orinicklawncare Member

I have the same truck and I put the clear hideaway inmy headlights and reverse lights and visor amber and white leds. but i also added led hideaways in my cargo light aswell in my front turn lights and driving lights that flash opposite of each other.

13. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

For the reverse work lights, go with sound off signal or DDM tuning LED work lights....As for the strobes, how many watts is your power supply? If your not using at least a 90W or 120W power supply, your HAW strobes are really not as effective as they could be. In my opinion, the amber doesnt really pack as much of a punch as clear. I would swap the ambers for clear, and get the strobe bulb out of your tail lights and put them in the reverse lights. The light will shine better through the clear reverse lens rather than the red. As the others said, try a mini LED light bar up top or a couple LEDs (E3 or E4) on the side of your front bumber, tool box, etc.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  14. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

How did you make out with these? Im looking for a 4 pack of LED's as-well seen the above site and about 100 bucks cheaper the strobes and more. Would like to know if you got them and how they look?

15. durafish

from 02919

yea i also wondering the same.