1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes in 07 NBS GMC

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by JD Dave, Dec 30, 2007.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's a 90 watt Whelen from Strobesnmore. The vid is crappy, it's from my picture camera. They don't seem very bright in the video but in person they are blinding. Took me about 3 hours to install, it was the second time I've done it so it was pretty straight forward. I was going to put them in the headlights but it was going to take a good hour to get the headlights out (great design GM:gunsfiring:)
    http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x277/JDDave/?action=view&current=DSCN2868.flv

DSCN2869.jpg

DSCN2870.jpg

2. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

Nice job. No plow? Thats the truck of my dreams....only BLACK!!!xysport

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

No plow, I havn't even drove it this winter, except from my shop to the garage, which are both in my back yard. It's my pearsonal vehicle for 4 or 5 years and then it becomes a work truck.

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Sweet Truck

You could have walked faster.... J/k

If your not plowing w/ it why did u put the hide-a-ways in it??

5. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

Because they look cool of course.......:)

6. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

I agree, every one should have a pair :)

Or maybe its cause every one's doing it these days LOL

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I actually got my first set in 03. I will plow eventually with it and it's nice to have them for the farm when pulling wagons and such. I didn't really need the diesel or the 3/4 ton either if I wasn't plowing snow. We keep our trucks for at least 10 years, so nothing goes to waste and yes I think they are cool!!

8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Awesome Truck nice strobes too!

9. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

I know, just giving you a hard time LOL

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I know, I know.

11. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

You need to post all your JD's :):)

12. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

nice truck. strobes look good also!

13. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Nice, Nice ;) Wow, what kind of lift do you have in er? Will I be seeing you around at the local truck pulling circut this year..... Sure looks like a nice contender, Pro-street class... (hint, hint) lol. Done anything under the hood?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  14. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Nice truck. I don't see how it would take an hour to pull out the headlights. We did 5 '07's in one day with two guys and we put 8 strobes in each truck. I have vid of one truck. http://www.youtube.com/NootDogg8870 Let me know what you yhink. It is somewhere in there.

15. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice truck, strobes look good

16. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

your truck is awesome!!!...i will soon be getting some strobs on my truck!

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Well there must be a trick to it or something, the chev forum said 50 - 70 minutes and I tried for about 20 minutes and decided the fog lights looked better. I'm pretty mechanicly inclined but didn't like tearing a truck apart quite that much for strobes. Did you come in from the back and not take the lights out? Your vids need to be taken outside and longer then 7 seconds because I have no idea where to look that quick.

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for the nice comments guys. The lift is a Cognito 4-6" set at around 5". I have a PPE programmer set on level 4 but that's about it for the motor. I can update my programmer now for a DPF delete, so I'm looking at some straight piped exhaust systems. I need to upgrade my tie rod ends, and ally and then I will be able to run on level 5 or 6 and then I plan on going to the truck pulls, to see what it's like. Keep in touch and maybe I can come see you pull. I want to see Bowtie Guy pull too! Been pulling long?

19. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Beautiful! I my self have not pulled as of yet, but went to 5 pulls last year to spectate, Probally wount be pulling this season either since I was offered some nice money for the truck I have now... Dont want to break it before he buys it in mid summer. But once I get my 08, U betcha!!! wesport