1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobes for the side of a dump truck

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Bigplower, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

so i have a 1 ton dump truck and would like to put strobe on each corners of the dump bed and two on the back. i have seen local city truck have this type of set up and don't know what i would need to make it happen. The lights look to be maybe 2" tall and 4" wide and are bolted on to the side, but not in gromits... sp?
    obviously i need 6 lights (prefer led) and some type of power source.
    any help would be great!
  2. cti531

cti531 Member

I think the best lights I have seen are the Whelen Lin6 but I think they may be a bit wider than 4". Sure are bright though!
  3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe try these. http://www.soundoffsignal.com/warnamber/surfacemnt/sm_LED3.htm That's what I have in my grille and on my toolbox, they're pretty blinding both day and night. Have several flash patterns. You can sync. op a total of four lights together. I synced my front set and synced the back set. As far a a power source, I would suggest a switchbox, but you can just use a simple toggle switch. Only reason I suggest the switch box is because you have the option of easy adding of more lights or something like that. Like I said, I like those soundoff lights, I would recommend them, I think I got them for like $40 a piece.
  4. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

5. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

any pictures of them on a dump or flatbed truck?
  6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Nevermind, I was thinking something different
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  7. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i use the whelen lin3 (lins6 will work but little much for side lights) mounted on an angle bracket with the cast aluminum brackets for protection.

you could also probally use a set of whelen vertexs mounted on the side as well

here are the lins 3

8. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Do Linz 6's, they are practical joke bright and are the same size as Tir 3's,