1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobes for superduty

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by pkenn, Sep 29, 2009.

1. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

looking for a quality,but not crazy priced four strobe kit for my 02 superduty. any suggestions?

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  3. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

i deff recommend whelen. has a 5 year warrenty and is absolutely worth the extra few dollars. and its made right here in the USAussmileyflag

4. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

nice,thanks!! i talked to MHQ and they wanted $595 for whelen "vertex" leds...sounds a little spendy to me.

5. ColliganLands

leds are the new thing.. personally i like the traditional hideaway strobes better.
    id look @ the link i put for you the whelen 90w supply with clear bulbs will be perfectly fine.
    if you want to meet up and look @ mine just let me know a time and place im around town all day

6. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I have a brand new, still in the box, Whelen 690 90 watt power supply, 6 clear strobes, 4 15' cables and 2 20' cables.

I just got my newer style Super Duty ('09) and haven't really had the time to look into it too deep yet, but those front lights with the double wall are making me wonder if I want to do the strobes or not.

I was thinking of going with the LED's but they are still allot of payup.

If I go with the LED's I'll make someone a deal on the strobe set up I have new in the box.

Like the others, I really like the strobes, but I also don't want to ruin my headlight housings either if they aren't going to work out.

If anyone has done the strobes in the newer Super Duty's, please post some pics if you'd be so kind.

To the OP, the strobes are really nice and as I think you'll see there are allot of good quality vendors out there.

There is one vendor that you will see listed several times to stay away from, and you'll want to stay away from them!

7. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

will 90 watt damage my lens at all?

8. ColliganLands

nope.. you want to install them so there is room on both sides of the strobe bulb for the heat to dissipate and you will want to make sure they are not touching any exhisting bulbs(headlights,blinkers,tailights, etc)

9. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

hey pkenn where do u plan on putting these strobes? head light and tail lights? IMO front strobes are kind of a waste and give me a headache bouncing off the plow. i just have strobes in the tail lights and reverse lights. the plow blocks the headlights most of the time anyway just my 2 cents

10. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

hey colligan,what are the colors/locations on your hiseawaystrobe set up?

11. ColliganLands

I have amber strobe bulbs in the front turn signals, clear strobe bulbs in the front headlights
    and clear bulbs in the tail lights(flash red) so 6 strobes all on a whelen 90w supply

12. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

13. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

your truck is easy as heck...and your not far from me,.....e-mail me.....i'll show you how

never buy from strobes and more, or tac 2 outfitters.....

buy from sirenet, LHS,

14. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

I don't think you should talk down about a co. with out giving a reason

15. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

anybody know who does strobe installs in ma? (metro west)

16. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

pkenn if i understood Dissociative correctly i think he was saying he would help you out and he knows his stuff. and i dont know how you are with wiring but strobes arent too bad just take your time you will be fine doing it on your own. but if Dissociative said he would help i would take him up on his offer (i apoligize if that isnt what you meant Dissociative)

17. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I won't get into too many details here, but take a look around and read up on Strobes and More.

They have created a reputation for themselves all their own.

Trust me, I'm the type of person that would never talk bad about a company for no reason, but again, trust me when I say, I and many others have had many issues with this place.

Do some research and you'll see what I mean. That is if they didn't have all the posts removed which is what I think I had heard happened to some of them.

Just some friendly advice is all...

18. ColliganLands

shoot me a pm i know a couple people

19. J. M. Brophy

J. M. Brophy Junior Member
    from mass

its kind of far, but break and cluch in salem ma does really good work

20. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

yeah...as said do a search on them and you will get your reason.

And who are you to tell me what to post?....That's my opinion and just like you i have the right to post what ever i want.

I guess i can't say stay away from TAC2 outfitters either huh?...If you need more information e-mail me. I'm not going to start posting facts for the moderators to delete. I post what i know and then my post magically disappears.