1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes for my tundra help !!!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by JTK324, Feb 7, 2011.

1. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

I am looking to install my new light bar and my new strobe kit in my 2010 tundra and I was wondering is there anyone out there that has done one and knows where I can bring the wirers thru the firewall WITHOUT drilling any new holes any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

by the throttle cable is a good start...otherwise you need to massage a factory grommet to make more room..

honestly i prefer to go out the floor as they always have plastic plugs in a few spots..

email me if you need more help....it goes to my phone.

3. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

the 2010 tundras a fly by wire, they dont have a throttle cable. i would find a grommet somewhere too. i cut an " X " into mine and pushed the wires through to help keep water out.

4. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

Thanks guys I am probably going to try to attemp this on Saturday but be sure when I do you fellas will get some pics

5. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

6. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

04 can you just give me a verbal idea where you found your grommet I know it was be different but just a starting point would be awesome. I am doing all of this because I am looking into putting a plow on this summer

7. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

same here, thats why i got my strobes and back rack with lights. i know theres some on the back of the cab (in-between the cab and bed) its about an inch wide, and theres 2 of them on either side of the truck. im not sure about the firewall on your truck, but i didn't have any openings on mine so i put the wires out the door grommet that holds the wiring for the door panel.

8. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

What size plow you looking to put on ??? I am in between the fisher 7'6'' V and the Fisher Ht3 my uncle may have a 7'6'' sd series he may be willing to get rid of I can ask for you

9. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

i think 7'6''. i do like the fishers, still not sure yet. everyone here seems to like the blizzards too. rhode island is a hike though, thanks for the offer but im not ready to make my decision yet, i appreciate it!

10. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

Yea let me know He has had it for the last couple of years in his garage i dont think its going any where and i always could meet you if it was ever going to work out i drive down to south carolina a couple of times a year just keep it in mind.

11. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

i definitely will, thanks alot! im sure since we are just 2 of the few tundra guys on this site we will have to hold down the fort together lol

12. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

Haha well the tundra is my daily driver and I have a 01 F 350 for plowing but after this winter I would like to have another truck set up to do minor stuff just to help if I have to dive into another full truck I will have to by something because I don't want to beat up my new tundra it's to nice. I am waiting for Toyota to come out with there 1 ton which will be my next purchase that things is amazing

13. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

yeah, it is awesome, but dont count on it....the government wont allow it

14. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

From what I hear they are getting very close I have someone on the inside at toyota and they said that they are really close to settin a release date for sometime late this year early next but who knows. The government is just scared the truck is amazing already drove it it easily will take over the market and hurt the other big guys

15. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

i agree..the other thing is the toyota hilux that they wont let over here...basicly a tacoma with a diesel in it getting 45MPG...nobody would drive anything else if that was put on the market here. i know i would sell my truck in a heartbeat for one of them