1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes and Tier 3 LEDs

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DFLS, Jan 10, 2010.

1. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Strobes on truck facing backwards. Tier 3 LEDs on both plows facing sideways and forward facing on the truck. All Whelens.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReNACvHR2sc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReNACvHR2sc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
  2. z400

z400 Member

Looks good!!!
  3. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I'd drop a couple tir 3's midway down the side. Give you the ultamate side protection! Does look pretty good! :drinkup:
  4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I would have recessed some linear leds into the bumper. 4" round Tir style. I have 2 of them I used to use on the back of a trailer.

For the sides maybe some 700 series linear leds or 400 series super leds or even the Linz 6. Your back account and your imagination is the limit. :D
    Good man on using the whelen stuff. :nod:
  5. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

verry nice

in that year dodge Hide a ways look amazing in the front outer turn signal and very easy to install.

i would put a set of Lin/Tir3 in the back facing to the side for when you back out of a drive way

were in ct
  6. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

lin and tir do or do not require a power supply?
  7. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Lins and Tirs are LED's, self contained, and do not require any external flashers or power supplies.
  8. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

Thats what I thought. Thank you.
  9. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

That's why I have them on the back plow - the furthest back they can get! Granby, CT
  10. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Where did you get the round Tir's? I just recently discovered the Linz 6's. Last year I replaced the back facing strobes with Tir6's too bad I didn't know about the Linz then.
  11. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

So what are the regs on strobe lights?
  12. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

It varies by state check with the dot in your state
  13. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

Thanks, for the help.
  14. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I never heard of anyone being bothered while plowing for too many or too bright lights. Just don't drive around in traffic with strobes blasting every which way especially at night. I use mine when I need them.
  15. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

I was trying to find out if I needed one for my truck since I don't do anything commercially.
  16. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

It's your decision whether you want them or not obviously. Since you only plow residential, are any of these driveways on busy or main roads? Backing up into them may be a safety concern so some strobes would warn traffic that your there. This year I decided I wanted to install a good amount of strobes in ALL my plow trucks being that we landed some more commercial acounts and GAS STATIONS, which are hell because EVERYONE is trying to get around you.
  17. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

Oh good I don't need them, because isn't worth the investment.