1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobes And More Lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by KEC Maintaince, Nov 6, 2011.

1. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

I just ordered my strobes and more strobes 2nite
    i ordered the 90 watt system seen here http://www.strobesnmore.com/star-svp-90-watt-strobe-system-w-6-strobes-sale.html
    i will install when comes in i hope i can pull this off with out screwin something up.
    expect a few dumb questions before i start as i dont want to hack up the inside of the truck. I will be installing these in a 2010 GMC Canyon Crewcab 5.3 liter black exterior and black leather tinted windows and everything also i will be installing a back up cam as well. no plow this yr ill run the blowers till next yr then possibley get a plow.
    picked up a carry all cargo rack to carry blowers as the tonneau cover i have on bed i dont want to unsnapp it all the time.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Before installing the strobe tubes in the headlights or parking lights make sure they aren't dual walled lights. A quick test is take a small drill bit, maybe a 1/16th or smaller and drill into the lens slowly. If it goes thru and you don't see it in the actual lens its dual walled meaning you will have to drill a larger hole first then the 1 inch hole. Make sure to save the outter lens and use it as a seal to reseal the outter lens once the tube is installed.

3. KEC Maintaince

from N.J.

Will do
    im thinking instead of tearing the grill apart i may be able to go thru the front fender wells tomorrow when its day light i will take a better look at it

4. KEC Maintaince

from N.J.

those are definatly dual wall lights went out today and got a really good look as well as how to take them apart .
    way too much involved in the front lights so i have decided to install them in the fog lights instead.

5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

If you have any more questions please feel free to call or email me again.....glad i could help ya out.