1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by JET enterprises, Jan 11, 2006.

1. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

2. smegmaman

smegmaman Junior Member

Looks good. BTW, do you need to use one if your plowing your own drive?

3. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

I have the same one. It is awesome!. I tried everything, strobes, led, but the wheelen is just amazing. I would definitely recommend it.

4. JET enterprises

great thanks for the input.. sir spaniourd i see you posted snow is coming.. i hope your right, btw what town you work out of?

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I have the same one. I love it. That is a low price on that one though, I would check around and see if it might be too low. I know mine was $150 with the mag mount. Just a thought.

6. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

i'm ordering one now. thanks for the site info.

7. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I also have the same one, i actually have the rotators and one with the 2 strobes in it.i think i saw one for 89.00 somewhere online. The rotator one is noisy but can see it in any conditions..

8. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Jet enterprises, I work out from Newbury and Salisbury.

9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats a nice bar but thats a rotator not a strobe light bar

10. JET enterprises

lol.. thanks for the clarification :rolleyes:

11. MrBigStuff

MrBigStuff Senior Member
    from Boston

Strobe use

I'm betting that will depend on the laws where you live. Regardless, I think it helps alert other cars and says something about your intentions as they approach.

I used to live on one side of a steep hill and it was a white knuckler to enter the road from any direction. Dressing the approach was particularly harrowing and I almost got smacked quite a few times.

I found a guy selling used strobes off city trucks at a car swap meet. Must've had 20 of them. I bought two for $10 !! Glued some magnets to the base (with felt) and wired in a cig plug. Been working for 10+ years.

I checked and that strobe can be seen by cars before they even crest the hill. I never had a close call after I started using the strobe. YMMV.

12. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I strobe will definitely not hurt anything. I plowed once before I got one and will never plow without it again. When people see the light they even stop for me!

13. SNHSERV05

SNHSERV05 Junior Member

light

I have 2 of those and they work great, also have hide-away strobes, and led strobes on back with sander...................lit up like a christmas tree here.