1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe Rookie

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by timebomb9900, Jan 14, 2011.

1. timebomb9900

timebomb9900 Junior Member

Im looking to have a simple strobe package installed on my 98 ram 1500, reg cab, 8ft bed..
    I just dont know what to look for, who installs in my area... (hartford,CT)...I would like a couple in front.. (where should they go) and couple in rear..(again where should they go and what color)... hopefully someone can help me out so i end up buying good stuff, and hopefully someone can help with what i should be paying for kit and install.... thanks for anyone that can help me.....
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

You could wonder up into Mass and meet with saftey lighting and equipment (I think he's in mass) or you could meet up with disociative, but I don't know where he is located.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

A good kit to buy is whelen. Everyone will tell you whelen. The most common are the 6 head capabilities and 60 or 90 watts. Its personal preference on what kit you get, both are great kits. I would put them in the red in the rear as most areas frown on clear to the rear. then I would put a set in the turn signals in the front and maybe a set of amber grille strobes in the grille. You can put clear in the front, but if it is snowing like crazy and you have that clear flashing it will flash back and cause you to not see anything. You can get amber bulbs that you could put in them too.

Here are some grille strobes you might want to consider.

Here are the strobe kits from sirennet.

I would get a hold of blueline or dissocative and they will point you in the right direction. Take a look at the links here figure out what you want to get. If you were closer to me I would gladly help you out with this.
  4. timebomb9900

timebomb9900 Junior Member

RBRONK, thanks for writing that novel amn, you didnt have to do that.... that whelen kit looks nice i think id do the 90w, sirennet.com is nice can they show you video, and show u install sheet.... sweet.... ill let you know how i make out... i want them NOW!!!!
  5. firedawg

firedawg Member
    from S.E. CT

Tactical Communications out of Guilford, CT, phone# 800-933-0313. www.taccomm.com

great people great work they do all our fire dept. stuff, and personal stuff.
  6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Email me with any questions you may have I am happy to give fre advice.
  7. firedawg

firedawg Member
    from S.E. CT

if ur looking for advise by all mean ask Dissociative he helped me and very happy with his advise,

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'm just helping people out. Its easyier to write a novel explaining a issue or solution, or thoughts on something than to just say these are good buy these. I had a 90 watt kit in my old truck and loved them.
  9. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Give me a call and ill go over a few kits we have with you and we can do the install if you need also. I have some 80 watt 4 outlet packs we are making into 4 corner kits for 150.00 which is a very bright power supply.
  10. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

If you can read you can install a strobe kit. It is really pretty easy. Remeber Whelen is made in CT as well as Nova company. They also have a tech line that can answer questions. Many people here can answer questions too.
  11. stg454

stg454 Senior Member

The other good option r the LED hideaways. They are real nice and have an integral strobe pack.