1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe Questions

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by CHCSnowman, Jan 18, 2011.

1. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

I am wanting a 4 corner strobe kit for my trucks. I don't know anything about them so could you guys give me some advice on what to use. I am not really looking for a top of the line system or anything out of this world, just a good 4 corner set-up that I may use 15 times a year. Trucks are 2004 F 250 and 2000 Chevy 2500.

My questions are....How good are the directions in these kits and is this something a normal Joe can do? What type of switch do I need? And how much power do these strobes use compared to a roof beacon? Which system would you guys recommend?

I know these questions have been asked and answered a million times and I appreciate your guys help.

2. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

strobes

There are numerous kits out there. Browse "strobes n more" and also "sirennet". The kits instructions are good and installation is not too hard if you know how to wire electronics in cars. The power consumption should be less than a halogen roof beacon. I would look for a kit that is around 15watts an output and also offers two 15' cables and two longer cables. Your switches can range from a single switch to multiple switches. I had one switch for the front strobes and one for the rear. I also had two momentary switches. One for pattern and one for hi/lo intensity.

I would not overlook LED hideaways. The prices have come down and they are self contained. There is no need to mount a seperate power supply and they can be operated with one switch as well. They are brighter, use alot less power, and take up less room inside the light housing.

3. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

I second that, The sound off universal undercover leds are great little lights. They have inline flashers that can be linked together, they fit in the standard 1inch hole, and have 3 lenses so you can aim the light where you need it.

4. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

The strobes are not hard to install but they take time. If you can install a car stereo you can install the strobes but again they time. We do them all the time and they consistantly take 4-5 hours depending on the vehicle. Its the running wires from point A to point B. We have the pro series kit for 159.99 with a 5 year power supply warranty and 1 year on the tubes. LEDs take less time to install and are a bit easier but do cost more. 4 corner leds will run you 220.00 in the Strobesnmore brand and even more in the Whelen or Sound Offs.