1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe question???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by timtpa, Nov 26, 2008.

1. timtpa

timtpa Member

Im looking for an adequete yet inexpensive strobe to put on my 3/4 ton GMC. Cig lighter plug-in is just fine. Just want something easy & that can be seen! Any ideas and does anyone know a good place to buy them? Thanks for the help!!!!!
  2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Look around the threads in this forum, theres a ton of suggestions on this topic alone, and also inexpensive LED alternatives as well.
  3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Sell you my Sho-Me mini bar. It's a good light but my buddy sold me two of the same bars except they are are upgraded with 4 white strobes on the corners. Mine has all yellow LED's with seven adjustable patterns. Magnet mounted.
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

what are you asking for one. thanks.
  5. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

I have an amber rotater for sale cig plug... if interested pm me
  6. infineon954

7. Burkartsplow

so is it a white led light bar you have for sale. what do you mean no strobes but selectable pattern. thanks aaron
  8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

If you look on the Backrack...he's got the AMBER LED light. Not White. He's just got it on one pattern, there's the ability to change the pattern from side to side to alot of other combinations.

Actually not a bad deal for that bar!
  9. infineon954

Thanx Pirsch, you are correct. Yes it is all amber with a selectable pattern switch on the bottom. I didnt want to confuse you with the two new ones my buddy sold me that basically are the same light with the exception of having 4 white strobes on the corners of the light.
  10. Burkartsplow

where do you live, i am in lakewood. maybe early next week and i can stop by and take a look at one. thanks. aaron
  11. infineon954

I'm in Willoughby. Yeah, let me know. We can meet up somewhere.
  12. Burkartsplow

sounds like a plan. pm me your number . thanks aaron
  13. MLS PLOW

MLS PLOW Junior Member

Option for Strobe lights

We just purchased 8 of the 1500 Whelen Series strobe lights. They are bright and can be seen at a good distance. The Strobe lights were under $50.00. Check out lshlights.com and click on the link to Beacons. You will find a good variety and great prices.
  14. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

i use whelen or novas.

For trucks I get the whelen 2022 mag mount (it has a high output of 22 watts) and listed as a class 1 light. Very visible day or night. For the mag mount it can be purchased for around $100, at many online stores.

The other one I have purchased over the past few years from AW Direct or StrobesnMore is the Nova 4000 series. Again 21watt output, very visible day or night. Same price range.

For smaller machines like John Deere gators, I use a whelen 1510 that has a 10 watt output, though they are almost $73 nowadays.

Other strobes are out there, but there output is less, at night they are ok, but during the day are not visible.

And yes there are 25 watt or 30 watt output strobes by primarily Whelen the 800 series or the superstrobe, but the price jumps to $200+ not worth it in my opinion.

I think that these single strobes are sufficient for most trucks. There are the minibars with two strobes, which may offer more light to front or back of the truck, but still the same output to the sides, so why spend another $50. If you want more lights to the front or rear add some surface mount LEDS, which would probably be more effective.
  15. infineon954

4 corner strobes work great front and rear. Minibar on the top for overall visibility. And the single light strobes(well worth $50 a pair and are highly visible) I use for side visibility which to me is very important.
  16. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

go with LEDs. check out the whelen L360 series lights. they are great.
  17. infineon954

<CONFUSED> Mine are LED. Aside from that issue I will be looking into a new 4 corner Hide-away system from Whelen.