1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe problems

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by VBigFord20, Aug 22, 2009.

1. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I have a sho-me 60w x 6 setup in my truck and I also have there control unit for the system. Everything worked fine up until about 2 months ago then it quit working right. When I turn them on my pattern selector shows what it should be doing, but the strobes themselves dont work. All I get is the #1 strobe will faintly flash in its first rotation and thats about it. The other 5 do nothing. I tried changing the power settings and flash patterns with no results.

I have not physically looked at the unit its self yet because I have to remove my backseat to do so. Anyone have any idea what my issue might be or do you think the power unit is fried?
  2. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

i dont know sho me lights all that well. but sounds to me that the powersupply **** the bed.
  3. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Yeah, I don't doubt that. The crappy thing is, they are a little over a year old. Plus they got little use since winter ended. All and all I would guess they have maybe 40 hours of use total, if that.
  4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i have sho me ..... check your ground wire ... then check your cables from your bulbs and then to your power supply ..... make sure no water gets into the wiring or else it will short out your supply
  5. Changchungleds

Changchungleds Junior Member

Try to connect the strobe bulb wich is working to the others outputs to check if is the strobes or the power supply.
  6. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I read this on there site last night. I think your right, I think its a short. Now to tear the back seat out and figure out where the problem is.

Sad thing is, I put a ton of dielectric on everything then added silicone around all the fittings, and this still happened.
  7. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

make sure that ground has a gooood connection to the metal piece .... then check the wires to the power pack .....
  8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

if you need a new power pack hit me up.....but i bet its water too