1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe Problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JD PLOWER, Sep 7, 2002.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

This question is for the strobe guys. I have a sho-me strobe set with the 6 head outlet power supply. Everything works except for the last two outlets (5,6) and until now I really didn't care about that but now I'm looking into buying a set of nova microthin's for a little extra lighting. Does anybody know how to fix one of these things? I can see no damage to the outlets and the fuse is fine. Can I even get inside one of these things? The warranty is long gone btw. Any help is greatly appreciated since these things start at 100 dollars on ebay (200 at A&W) and I really don't want to go that route :mad: .
  2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

You won't like to hear this, but our Fire Dept usually throws em away. It costs more to repair in most cases than buying new. Open your box and look at the circuit board, try to find something burned. Usually it's a transistor.
  3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I'm sorry to say JD that Pelican is right.The cost to repair would be more than a new unit in some cases .Check out that store on ebay Snow might remember the guys name but he seamed to have good priceing on his stuff mostlu whelen I got a whole set up 90 watt power, 6 outlet, 4 clear strobes plus cords and even a switch for $249 plus $10 fro shipping .The 90 watt power supply would cost more than that alone.If i can find the name i will repost.JD give me a call maybe i can help you find the problem i'm no electronic wiz but between the two of us i'm sure we can figure it out.
  4. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I just bought some LED lights which look exactly like the Nova Microthins, and cost $105 plus shipping for the 2 LED lights, wires, switches and small flasher. I found them on ebay, here's a link to them- link

I thought they'd be small at first when i bought them on ebay, but they fit nicely in my grille. I didn't mount them permanetly, used black cable ties and it looks good.

The power supply for the lights is no bigger than a 3x5" notecard, and can be mounted anywhere it seems, unlike the strobe power supply it makes no little clicking noises.

I'm very impressed with these lights, you can change the flash patterns on the switch that comes with the set, and the lights can alternate or flash together.

Sorry for rambling on, i just really like these lights.

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

try this site Pelican. He has a lot of stuff and is a good guy to deal with. I have bought lightbar parts and strobe packs from him. If something is not on the list send him an e-mail.

6. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

go to www.elightbarsforum.org
    they will help you out. post your problem and they will tell you whats wronge.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks guys for all the links and advice. I am keeping an eye out for a 6 head 90 watt supply (what I've seen on ebay is okay but i really want a 8 head setup ). I might still order the micro's for my father, (he bought the same setup that cat is talking about off ebay) since his power supply seems to be fine :confused: .