1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe problem

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mike2005, Feb 10, 2008.

1. mike2005

mike2005 Junior Member
    from boston

hey i ordered the sirennet 6 bulb 90 watt hideaway strobe kit. im only using 4 bulbs right now. I wired it the way the diagram showed. I have the fronts on there own switch and the backs on there own. Now when i turn the fronts on they turn on but, the backs flicker once, same for when i turn the backs on, the fronts will flicker once then stop. I didnt know if anyone had the same problem or if this is normal? any help would be great....thanks

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

umm did you go over and double check your wireing i onl buy the big name brands like whelen

3. mike2005

mike2005 Junior Member
    from boston

Yup checked everything. my buddy bought this kit for his truck and ended up selling his truck so he gave me a good deal on it so i figured I would try it out...

4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Hey if you aren't able to figure it out, call me for an appointment. My shop is in Danvers and we could get it working, or at least figure out if its wiring or component failure.
    www.bluelineenterprises.com

5. mike2005

mike2005 Junior Member
    from boston

yea I might have to do that. You dont mind if i ask how much an hour do you charge? Im right in reading so your not to far

6. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Mike, email me at bluelineent@aol.com and I'll give you the info, it appears you can't receive PMs yet.

7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Why don't you unplug the rear heads and plug them into the slot for the front heads. You said the fronts work ok, so if you swap them and the rears work then you know you have a bad power supply. If they don't work then you know its in the wiring or the strobe head itself.

Regards Mike

8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Can you advise what the mfg of the system is?

9. flykelley

Brian he said in his first post it is a sirenet system.

Regards Mike

10. mike2005

mike2005 Junior Member
    from boston

all the bulbs work. I have the fronts on there own switch and the back on there own switch, so i can have either the fronts on or the backs on. When i turn just the fronts (they turn on and work) the backs will flicker just once and stop. same for when i turn the backs on (they turn on and work) the fronts will flicker once and stop. the front and back are on seperate switches. this is the kit that i got http://www.sirennet.com/sn906p.html

11. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

A few things, that pack is made by STAR, also according the instructions there is a diagnostic indicator on the unit. What does this show?

If we can tell what the diagnostic system is saying when this happens then we might be able to help you more.

12. mike2005

mike2005 Junior Member
    from boston

when the pack is turned on, but the lights are not on the light will show a low steady burn. when you turn the lights on it will flicker with the strobe pattern. thanks with the help so far guys

13. flykelley

Hi Mike
    How is the power supply wired? Direct to a battery for both the ground and the power feed. I know on Wheelens that is the way they want them wired. I tried running my ground to the frame and they didn't work. After a call to tech support and redoing the ground everything worked ok.

Regards Mike