1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe Problem

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ColumbiaLand, Jun 27, 2010.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

We just bought a 6 bulb hideway kit from speedtech lights, We have a tons of their leds in several vehicles and they have always been great. We had a issue with their hideway kit. The cables to the rear of the truck were not long enough so we took two of the shorter cables since we were only using 4 bulbs and used connectors to put them together so they would reach. When we first powered up the system everything was on. After about 2 minutes we had only the front which is continues to be the problem. Im thinking maybe you can hook the cables together to make them longer? I have checked everything else and its all fine. I have put in tons of leds and strobes and i cant figure this one out. Maybe i need longer one piece cables? Any advise would be great i need to get this wrapped up today
  2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

check you connection in the middle .. sounds like a grounding issue .... if you connecting them together use the regular pins supplies then heat shrink each strand ..... usually when strobes stop working usually is grounding problems ..
  3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Are they LEDs or tubes?