1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe placement

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DaveC, Oct 28, 2008.

1. DaveC

DaveC Junior Member

Hi everyone,

I have a 97 Ford f250 with a 2002 Meyers plow and would like to install either strobes or LEDs. Taillights are ok but I don't want to put them in the headlights because they will reflect off the back of the plow and will be hidden by the plow when it is up. Has anyone ever put them in the plow lights? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well you could either way your still gonna get reflection .. just not as much ..... yeah i could show you some mounting spots .... i need a pic of the plow setup .... i know a guy on here who put whelen TIR3's on the plow frame ....

3. OSLIGHTS

OSLIGHTS Member
    from Florida

I agree, TIR3's would work most likely. I would go with led's when you can. Show us some pics of where you are thinking, and we will try to suggest something.

4. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Any led would have a lot less of that "blinding reflection" than the strobes would. Ive see tir 3s on the side and front of some plow frames, they look sharp. With your 250 though, you may be able to mount them in your grill, depending on your plow set up and visibility. It makes wiring a lot easier, since you dont have to run wires and have additional connections within your plow harness.

Good Luck!

5. groundbreakers

Ford445 - got a question ? ... your signature says 12 strobe .... is your front spot lights and alleys strobe modules ??

6. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

heres where you can mount them the ones on the plow are the best place to put them

HPIM0129.jpg

HPIM0128.jpg

7. groundbreakers

now thats a clean installation .... good workmanship .... do you use both sets while plowing or just the plow frame TIR3's ???...

8. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

i use both well i hope i just got the ones on the truck on there yesterday and have not had a chance to hook the plow up and see what it looks like.

i install lights and police equip on the side to make some extra money and i have got many compliments from this is hard to believe the Wisconsin state patrol i was kinda shocked on that one :gunsfiring::salute:

9. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

When I bought the bar it was an 8 strobe w/ takedowns, alleys, and rear flashers. The lightbar comes through with two six outlet power supplies. I purchased 4 more strobe tubes and converted the rear flashers and takedowns into strobes, 6 front, 6 rear. The alleys are still alleys.

10. DaveC

DaveC Junior Member

Looks like the plow frame will work. Thanks for the info.

Dave