1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe patterns?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DCJ inc., Oct 19, 2008.

1. DCJ inc.

DCJ inc. Member

I Just bought the whelen mini edge with all the options except the ally lights...can u change the flash pattern on this bar and if so how the hell do I do it!!

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

No, you cannot.

3. DCJ inc.

DCJ inc. Member

ok is there any kind of switch box that i can buy that weill let me do it?

4. BlueLine Ent

No, patterns are contained in the power supply of the bar, and that particular one only is wired for one pattern.

5. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

whelen's website shows that you can change the flash pattern on the perm version ....

6. BlueLine Ent

You are correct, but like I said, it is not wired for it. In order to change it, you have to open up the bar and get inside to access the scanlock pattern wire, which is why I initially said no. For those who want to get more involved than just wiring up what comes out of the bar, then yes it can be changed. Open up the bar so you can access the supply and find the scan lock wire, usually white with a violet stripe. Apply momentary positive to change the pattern.

7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

so your a LIAR!!!!.....geeze...look at this guy....lol

8. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

i hate that my last mini edge was like that

9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Great Job Blue,

This guy is going to climb up and stand in the door of his truck and open up the bar,
    as hes trying to apply power to the Scanlock wire, hes going to shock him self, causing him to slip of the rocker, hitting his head on the door and landing on the ground where he omost drown in a mud puddle.

and its all your fault

10. DCJ inc.

DCJ inc. Member

Ill be sure to wear a harness and a bike helmet. If i really feel up to it ill barrow my sisters barbie knee pads..ussmileyflag

11. BlueLine Ent

ahaha don't forget your jock strap and cup incase :jester:

12. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

LOL as long as you got it all covered

13. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

lol you might just want to consider one of those redman suits

14. DCJ inc.

DCJ inc. Member

haha...that silly girl wouldnt give me the knee pads...does any one elses g/f ***** that you spend to much time on here? lolussmileyflag