1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe pattern

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DP Property, Aug 24, 2009.

1. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Is it better to have your strobe lights come on at the same time left and right in the front and the rear ? Or is better to have them set so they switch between one side on the other off back and fourth?

heads connected to outlet 1 and 3 flash at the same time

heads connected to outlets 2 and 4 flash at the same time.

heads connected to 1 and 3 alternate with heads 2 and 4.

So it is my understanding that the best way for the 4 strobe system install would be.

head 1 outlet front driver side headlight and head 3 outlet rear driver side tail light.

head 2 passenger side headlight and head 4 passenger side tail light.

Is this the correct way for me to do this so they flash back and fourth?

2. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

mine alternate. i have for in the back and they go

left cargo light + right tail light
    right cargo light + left tail light
    and then the head lights to alternate side to side

VERY ATTENTION GRABBING

3. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

we normally alternate them, we also feel that gets peoples attention.

4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

X pattern is the most popular, but i have done side to side and front to back....

5. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

mine X in the front and back. but i have 8 head system. so its really pronounced. drive highbeam flashes with pass. blinker. pass high beam with driveside blinker.

and the rear goes drive tail with pass. turn and pass tail with driver turn.

but on the four head id recomend driver front with pass. rear. and pass. front with driver rear and let them X like that.

6. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Ok thank you truck is a 2006 F-350 would u install front strobes in top headlight or lower headlight?

7. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

If you had a professional install them they would have all options,, so you could pick what ever your mood is ...

8. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I am an installer and that is my other business, depending on what colors you have in the rear, for instance white and red, then yes it will make a difference, if you have all red in the back then no, now with the outlets, depending on what power supply you have, some power supplies you are NOT suppose to turn on outlet 1 with 3 or above, such as whelen, you have to different switch wires, if you have a 6 or above outlet supply, and if you want just 2 on at one time then you put them in 1 and 2 if you want 2 or more on at one time then you put them on 3 and above