1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe mount in stake pocket

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AFM Contracting, Nov 6, 2006.

1. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

I was wandering if anyone mounted a strobe in their stake pockets, with a steel post or something so it is above the cab, but it is removable. Any Ideas?

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I have seen it done. The guy used wood though so he could get a nicer fit in the stake pocket. It seemed to work well for him and I liked it he ran the plug in through the back window for the cig lighter.

I have strobes and a magnet mount yellow beacon strobe so i don't need it in the stake pocket but it was a slick setup if you don't have the magnet and still want to remove it when not in use.

3. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

id use a piece of rectangular tubing but id probly uses oval leds and run the wires to a 2 prong plug and pop them in when u need them.

4. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

I had my plow dealer bend me some square tube to trace the rear of the cab. It fits into the front stake pockets and fastens down with J-Hooks. I have a double beacon bar on top and two work lights hard wired with plug disconnects in the corner of the bed. that way you pop it off when not in use and once you get it on don't destroy it on the MceeDee's drive through post like my guy did last year.