1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, I'm looking into getting a new light for my truck, but I don't want to spend more than $100-150, if possible. I also would prefer a magnet mount, but I would consider getting it installed. About the only brands I've heard of are, Ecco, Target Tech, and Whelen. But I'm unfamiliar with their good s. Who makes the Show-me type? Do you guys have any suggestions and possibly pics of your lights? This would be real nice. Also, how much does it cost (ballpark) to have someone install a light for you? One more thing, if you know somewhere I could buy one, that would help too.

2. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

Have you checked out the Strobe Forum... theres some really great pics/vids in there and a lot of info about lights and installations.
  3. Brant'sLawnCare

Oh, thanks, I didn't see one before. Duh.....:rolleyes: lol
  4. Brant'sLawnCare

anyone? I guess everyone is too busy plowing right now! lol
  5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I got a Code 3, model 420 on ebay, used and bought a lens at the local cop shop and tolal was about $80. for everything

It has magnet mounts and a switch that plug into the lighter outlet.

Works perfet for plowing, it's bright, dual lights and fast flash pattern

I would buy it again for double that price

Good luck:salute:
  6. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Thanks for the help guys. I really want a show me bar, but I don't think I'll have enough. We will see how much I have after I get some checks in. Whelen has some good looking products as well. I'm gonna check them out more.
  8. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME