1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by unhcp, Apr 15, 2010.

1. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a used f350 and it has strobe lights in the top of the headlights, but no wiring harness or anything, can I buy one somewhere?

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Can you tell if there LEDs cuz if they are, you don't need a power supply box, you just hook them to a switch then a battery,

But if it's not LEDs try going to whelen.com or able2 I recomend whelen tho

3. unhcp

i mean it has 3 wires, coming out, i will have to check again

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Take a look at the bulb, don't touch it just pop it out and if it looks like a pretzel it's a strobe. If it looks like it has pimples it's an LED

5. unhcp

it's a strobe for sure, it has a plug but no harness or wiring

6. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Is there any in the tail lights? You will need a power supply and strobe cables. Take a pic of the connector on the tube so I can point you in the right direction.

7. unhcp

ok, i have a picture and i will see if this works, the connector has 3 wires, red black and white

connector.jpg

8. unhcp

here is the light in the headlamp

light.jpg

9. SafetyLighting

Yeah, that's a standard strobe tube. Well you have a few options. Are there any in the tail lights or do you want some in there?

10. unhcp

there isn't in any in the tail lights, and i don't care either way i just saw them and want to hook them up

11. SafetyLighting