1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe lights on west coast mirrors

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by AintNoFun, May 15, 2006.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

quick question ive notived on some guys tandems and triaxles that they have strobe light beacons mounted on some type of bracket to the top of their west coast mirrors. ive been searching all over the 'net and cant find any. does anyone had any suggestions? thanks
  2. edosher

edosher Member

3. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

I know of some guys who have strobes mounted on their mirrors like this and HATE IT- at night strobes always reflecting off hood/through window/ flashing you in the eyes- we always mount our on top of the cab/ rear of dump body, etc., for what its worth...
  4. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

5. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

My buddy has those on his chipper/forestry truck and they stand out real nice and don't come into the cab. But he put those on his oversized I-Box behind the cab.
  6. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

the trucks a hooklift so i had no choice but to mount them on the mirror...

7. PPMnh

PPMnh Junior Member

www.retracmirrors.com they make the west coast mirrors that come on stock cab/chassis gm vehicles (i have some on my dodge, etc.) they have different brackets in there that you may be able to make work..? fleetpride is a distributor...