1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe lights on a bobcat

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by xtreem3d, Oct 27, 2007.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hi guys,
    i looked through some of the video's of strobes and want to know if it's possible to get my bobcat lights (rear mostly) to strobe and how to do it?
    thanks,
    steve

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

It is possible to do so. I would just worrie about the heat those bulbs put out melting your lenses. I would go with a 60 watt and just get 2 bulbs, Whelen makes a 20watt, but I don't think they would be very noticable. Go to lshlights.net or sirennet.com and build a set for what you need. If you do a search you can find some threads where some guys have posted how to install them in trucks, and it would be the same for your skid.

Ryan

3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Just mount some TIR3s on the rear and mayby a magnet mount strobe for temparary uses such as plowing.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey I never thought of the tir3s, good thinking. Or you might try the linear leds from whelen, same price as the tir3 around 50 bucks. Both are super bright leds and affrodable too.

Ryan

5. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

and they draw next to nothing in amps.

6. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Look on my website, you can see some bobcats and one backhoe that I have put TIR3s and LIN3s on.

7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I've seen someone with flashers in the white rear lights. maybe some kit sold from bobcat, or just wired in flashers.

8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD