1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe lights for New Holland L220

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by plowfever, Nov 17, 2011.

1. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I am wondering what you guys would recommend for a strobe set up on my L220 skid loader. I have the flashers and rear lights in the back I can put them in but wonder about the front as I don't want to put them in the work lights. It is set up with the beacon switch in the cab so it would be sweet if I could power them by switching on that switch. Any help would be nice. I know I can install myself just don't have the knowledge on these to know what is good or bad to get.

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Well you'd have to do LED unless you can figure a place for the power pack to be placed. I think you should just go with a strobe on the roof.

3. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Whelen l31 or 32 led beacon. Amazon lights. Get the double stacked. Version.

4. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

We just run the same Star (strobe) mini bars on our 3 New Holland skid steers that we run on all of the other trucks. Very reliable. This also keeps our spare parts inventory manageable.

5. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Amazing* sorry- iPhone

6. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

here is a john deer i did. i used whelen 400 S/T/T and just mounted them to the lights that are there hooked up the marker light circuit to the circuit on the truck and used a ulf 44 to make the stop part blink

also a whelen 800D strobe and Vertex in the front

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://youtu.be/2bFlv9zkgII

7. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

That's looks exactly what I am wanting. Does it affect you lights on the front when working at night? Can you send me a list off what I would need to do this to mine? The L220 has the flashers and rear tail lights so I figured I would put a strobe in each light so that makes four for the rear and two for the front.

8. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the front i used whelen Vertex the work lights do wash them out but during the day they work great

the rear i just mounted the whelen 400 series just over the other lights just screwed them thru