1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe lights for 2011 f250

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ramrod98, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

i would like to have strobe lights(probably hide away) on my 2011 f250. Any help of what to get would be appreciated. also where would i locate them(backup light, turn signal) ?

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Whelen vertex LED is a good choice, I believe those will run you about 70$ per LED.
    Headlights and tail lights are my preference, however you can install them virtually anywhere, (exterior wheel well on duallys, cargo light, reverse lights, fog lights, turn signals, tailgate, theist goes on!)
    Depending on your budget, a nice mini light bar on top is a good choice too.

3. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

4. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Get the individuals if you shop the link above as they are brighter.

5. fordtruck661

from CT

Im not arguing with you (obviously you know what you are talking about) I just want to know how they are brighter? Is it a newer Gen LED?

6. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

They are the newer version and use a newer LED diode that is brighter.

7. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

thanks for the info. Just wondering what color strobes to use ? in the reverse lights(yellow) ?White in the brake lights ? I don't know what color lense i have in the front of the truck for turn signals right at the moment. I can't afford the whelen at 70.00 each.

8. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

9. fordtruck661

from CT

I would go Yellow All around (reverse and front blinkers) It is more noticeable than white.

10. 06redzo6

06redzo6 Junior Member

I personally think if you're going to spend the time putting hideaways in you should get decent lights. Most people will tell you that you get what you pay for.

11. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I agree. My friend bought a Chinese kit. On the 3rd storm we replaced power supply with Whelen. And as each bulb blew, we also replaced with Whelen.

12. fordtruck661

from CT