1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe Lighting / Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Peopleeater, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

I was just curious if anyone had any type of strobe or flashers that are mounted underneath the vehicle pointing straight down towards the ground. If so how well does it work, brightness, etc. Thinking of doing something with my semi and maybe plow truck. I do construction during the summer and use the lights pretty often. Just wanting to do something different but not spend a fortune.

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Not me, but interesting idea. Do you think the road grime would cover up the strobe? It would work better at night and in the snow with reflection. I think I might just put more strobes and lights around the truck where they are visible.
  3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

JMO but for snow removal rotators as hight as possible is the best. A dual rotator up high or 2 single gumdrops mounted high are great on vis and pretty cheap and dont tend to drive you nuts in a heavy snow. A set of LED flashers in facing back as high as possible would probably a good idea also for general construction to compliment your singl or dual rotators if you want a bit more flash and dont mind spending the extra green. JMO
  4. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Thanks guys for the replies.

I already have an LED Mini bar, I was thinking of adding hideaway or something to that effect. I was just considering adding one or two strobe headsunderneath like they do with pace cars. This wouldn't be primary lights, but could have em switched to only use when I want it to look "different"