1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe Lighting Forum

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Michael J. Donovan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

This is awesome but... I work for a State agency and I asked about rear strobes (clear in reverse lamp lense) and the Trooper said they are highly illegal. Now I dont know if he is just bustin' balls or what but it would be my luck they would go looking for it and then I'm out 600 bucks. These are the same people who "ordered" me to move my license plate to the rear of my tailgate spreader and put a light to illuminate it as well, even though probably 100 trucks drive by and they dont say crap to them. Is there a law that clearly states that strobe lights are illegal on PRIVATE lots that we would be plowing?
  3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks Mike for the new forum. :waving: Rich
  4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

Brian - its really depends on the state your in ... i know here in michigan ... you can have strobes in the rear taillights or back up lights ... or in the head lights .... as long as your on private property they cant do JACK to you .... headlight flashers and taillight flasher are illegal everywhere .... in michigan your only allowed to use AMBER or CLEAR lenses ... so i hope this answers some question .... EACH state in different in some ways !
  5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:waving: :waving: :D :D