1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe light question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by boss75, Dec 7, 2012.

1. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

Hello everyone, I would like to install some strobe warning lights on my 2004 Chevy 2500. The type that I would like are the one where the appear to be both the headlight and tail light assembly. I'm sure many of you have seen them, they really get your attention. from the outside the lenses appear to have the stock look. If anyone has them or knows where to purchase a set please let me know. In addition, if you can download some video that would really help. Thanks everyone, Jerry.

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i just went through the same research a couple of months ago. these are the ones to get:

http://www.strobesnmore.com/Strobes-N-More-E-Series-Hide-a-Way-LED-Kit.html

watch the video in the above link. match the strobe color to the lense they will be behind. 2 sets will do all 4 corners of your truck. amber is really the only "legal" color in most areas. red/blue/etc is for emergency vehicles and can be illegal to operate on a private vehicle.

all you need is the switch to operate them.

3. linckeil

from CT

oh yeah - and enter the coupon code "plowsite" when ordering to get free shipping.

4. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

Thanks for the response back, this is the best product I have seen, I will need them for the front & back, I will have to check on the rear color with MSP, as I live in MI.

5. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

What type of switch do you need with a set in the front & rear.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Boss75 all these require is a simple on off switch. Nothing fancy. Very simple stuff if you need help just ask.

7. linckeil

from CT

here's the switch i am using. it is illuminated when turned on. i'm getting 2 of these - one to control the fronts, and one to control the rears.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062534

i'm also getting this momentary switch to change the flash patterns - i plan to change patterns on all 4 lights at once. if you want the front and rears to flash different patterns, get 2 switches and do not connect the wire between the 2 control boxes that "sync" the lights. (there are directions with the kit that will make this clear if you do not understand)

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062508

8. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

Do you have any problems from the lights beating back at you when the plow is up or did you just mount them off to the side of the headlight housing so you didn't have the lights shining directly on the plow?

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I had a issue with clear strobes in the front of my old truck. When it would snow real hard it made it real hard to see. I would just shut them off. A good solution would be adding colored leds or strobes to the front instead of clear.