1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe light question 02 Silverado

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Lowriderfd44, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Lowriderfd44

Lowriderfd44 Senior Member

Hey everyone. I'm new around here. I've read through some of the posts trying to avoid posting on an already covered subject. So i hope this isn't a re post.

I have an 02 Silverado quad cab. I'm planning on installing strobe tubes in the tail lights and mounting the strobe pack behind the rear seat. My question is: Is there a way to run the wires from the back to the pack? Preferably without having to do any drilling into my floor board, but if i have to, i will.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I bet you can fine a way to not drill the hole on the floor....But its not worh the hasle..I was the same way and did not want to drill holes in my floor, But i did and i came out alot better that if i had wires coming in through different places....all i did was drill one 1" hole for a 6 head strobe kit (CSP690)...
  3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Just remember to use a grommet or conduit fitting so the wires don't get chaffed on the edge of the metal.
  4. Lowriderfd44

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I'll post some pics and such. I'll probably install the rear come spring when it's a bit warmer out. I'm working on the front right now.

Whelen dual talon on the dash
    Whelen two outlet 25 watt strobe unit under the hood with two tubes in the marker lights
    Sound off mini LED behind the grill. 2 clear and 2 blue.
    Able2/sho-Me LED slim light with strobe flasher in the rear window

Planning on doing 4 strobe tubes in the rear. Would do 2 but i have a Whelen six outlet 60 watt unit only powering two rear strobes in my other truck. No sense in letting it go to waste and i'm happy with the setup in my other truck.

91 S-10 Blazer
    Whelen two outlet 25 watt strobe unit under the hood with 2 tubes in the bumper lights.
    Federal Signal mini phantom under my rear view mirror
    Whelen Tir3's behind the grill: 2 clear and 2 blue
    two strobe tubes in the tail lights.
  5. Lowriderfd44

Here's my Blazer's set-up

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/67dhzSPdLl0"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/67dhzSPdLl0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>
  6. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

I had a buddy of mine do it for me but we just drilled a small hole through the floor board near the rear seat and then sealed it on the bottom with silicone after running the wires through. They are water tight and air tight so no problem.
  7. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

if you pull you carpet up there are rubber grommets that are in the floorboards (at least in my fords there are) and you just notch out a little bit and make sure its sealed when its back in then run the wire under the carpet to where ever you need it in the truck.
  8. Lowriderfd44

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. When i ran the wires for the other lights, i ran into problems finding routes for them. Drilling a hole will probably be the best. I appreciate all your tips.

Anyone know a specific place so i don't drill through anything important?
  9. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Just look at both the top and the bottom of the floor and find a place where theres nothing on either side.....for example, not above the frame rails or the gas tank :eek:
  10. Lowriderfd44

pesky gas tank and brake lines always gettin in the way, lol :jester:
  11. Lowriderfd44

i went to lowes today and picked up a metal drill bit and some grommetts. hopefully i'll get some of this done this weekend. If LSHlights.com ever sends me my stuff, lol