1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe light permit

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by snowplowpro, May 21, 2010.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

HOW DO I GET A STROBE PERMIT SO OLE SMOKEY DONT GIVE ME A TICKET :waving::jester:

2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Send me 99.95.............and I'll print you one off!!!! :) I have no idea just made to make a joke about it!

3. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I wouldn't think it would be a problem unless you're driving around town with it on, and there's no reason to do that anyway.

4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

You don't need a permit, it's not like you'll be using it on public roadways

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

My point exactly!!

6. snowplowpro

from NJ

I WOULD SEND YOU THE 99.95 AT LEAST YOUR GETTING MY MONEY AND NOT GOVERNMENT THEY GET ENOUGH AND YOU WONT CHARGE ME TAXES :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

7. bdbwtie1

bdbwtie1 Junior Member

What about being parked on the side of a public road during mowing season??

8. snowplowpro

from NJ

i really wont use them cause my trailer will block them cause there on the backside of my truck so it wont be useful for me but i was wondering you know driving down the road even if there off can a cop give u a ticket for having no permit and them being on ur truck.
    i will call motor vehicle and see what they.:cool:ussmileyflag:sleeping:

9. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I want to meet the cop that has good enough eyes to see the bulb in your brake light! And even if he did see it, he can't give you a ticket! Because their is no law that says you can't have sirens, strobes or lightbars on your truck, you just can't use them on public roadways, now if you're parked on the side of the road, it's fine but your four ways work much better because they're in your trailer too.
    Now downg ge me wrong, I have used my strobes when pulling someone out of the ditch, or pulling a truck of of harms way to a gas station or the guys house, or if I am doing work right next to the street and I have to block a lane, I'll use my truck as a "road block" just so I am little safe, but doing work for corner houses next to the street is a pita because you have to worry about two road, and I usually set up my trailer for that and truck and a burris truck.

So that's my story!

10. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

You can't get a permit in NJ unless you are a government contractor.

11. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

ct its a 30 dollar check to the dmv and u must have a permit.

12. 05 superduty

05 superduty Member
    from NJ

You've never plowed so why have a permit? Or lights?

13. 05 superduty

05 superduty Member
    from NJ

What size/brand trailer do you have?

14. 05 superduty

05 superduty Member
    from NJ

You don't work so what do you know about giving the government anything?lol

15. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

if your vehicle is commercially registered, you can get a permit from NJ MVC in trenton. the permit is good for 4 years.

not true,. i have held a permit for over 30 years now.
    it is very easy to get, as long as your vehicle has commercial registration.