1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe light mounting?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve in Pa., Dec 3, 2004.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

how do you guys mount your strobes? Truck before didn't really care too much about slapping a magnetic strobe on the roof. But with a new 2004 i would prefer not to mount on roof. If anyone would have a picture of there strobe mount would appreciate it. I have seen them mounted on a piece of pipe in the bed but not sure on the materials. Thanks for any help.
  2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

how about getting a backrack and mounting it to that?

HOLLYWOOD Member

Just made my own today. I didn't want mine on roof either. I used angle iron, tacked 2 pieces to make a 22'' tall square post and 5'' round piece on top and 5'' piece of angle iron on bottom attached it behind cab on bed rail between cab & bed on the driver side. I'll post a pic when the light I order comes in and i mount it.
  4. Newfie Plow

Newfie Plow Junior Member

Couple of options ?

you've got a couple of options, the back/headache rack is one, a single pole mount which fits into your stake holes is another and you could always replace you magnet with a POLY coated magnet which reduces scratches and marks. This option is probably going to be your cheapest. Just be careful when placing it on the roof, don't be reaching you hand out the window placing the light on top, do the reverse. It'll save you headaches and keep your gal look'in sharp. Here is a on-line shop where you can purchase replacement magnets for your strobes @ resonable prices: http://stores.ebay.com/M-C-Green-Sa...lZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm

Hope It Helps !
  5. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

Thanks for the info guys. I was thinking on the lines of what hollywood has built. I don't want to have a wire hanging down my back window all year long. Some pics would be great.
  6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I actually have magent mounted my mini light bar. I used silicone to help cover the magnets ( I'm using the huge 3.5 inch magents ) and there are no marks at all when I remove the light from the roof nor does it move what so ever.