1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

strobe light mounting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bill645, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Bill645

Bill645 Junior Member

Has anybody mounted their strobes in the plow lights? (in the turn signal lights) Thinking about doing this since it would be easier to do than to mount them in the signal lights on the truck (89 f250 xlt lariat)

Any thoughts?

Bill
    Fallen Leaf Lawn & Yard Care, LLC
    Sales@Go-FallenLeaf.com

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Mine are located in the headlights. Good idea, let us know how it turns out!

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

dont ya get a deecent amount of flash back with a plow and em in the headlights?

4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Yes I get some. Most of the flash goes out the side corners of the headlight, therefore not bouncing back at me off the blade. Has something to do with the way the mirror is inside the ford headlight.

5. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

I suppose it would work if you had the room, my only concern would be that
    each strobe has a power cord, assuming you put one in each plow turn light that would be two more power cords to hook/unhook off the plow.

Unless, you have a system that keeps your lights/headgear on most of the time.

6. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

Bill- were you able to accomplish that?
    Debi

7. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

I'm ready to install my strobes and I'd like to hear if anybody else has done this also.

8. dadoov

dadoov Junior Member

I Think The Strobe Is Going To Create Too Much Heat For Such A Small Area.. I Have Seen Strobes Melt The Plasitc In Lights Before

9. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

From what I have heard you need about 1 inch of clearance from the bulb for heat reasons, but I am sure that might be different depending on the actual wattage of the bulb.