1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strobe light motor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PowerWagon, Jan 13, 2007.

1. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

I had this Strobe light for long time, Motor is missing, does any one know where I could go get a new motor for this, yeah light works but motor is missing.

not sure if auto part stores can do. but I will check with you all first.

light 1.jpg

2. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Do a search on Ebay for Dietz lights there are some complete lights there.payup
  3. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

yep did looked there, alot of old oil lamps..
  4. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Wow, I thought I was going to find the latest technology in strobe lights; A MOTOR!!!! FYI there are no motors in strobe lights. :D Strobe lights have a power pack and neon like bulbs that flash when the air inside breaks down from high voltage.

This beacon uses four Fresnel ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_lens ) lenses rotating around a single bulb to project the light.
    You probably know, but some one else might not.

I can usually find about anything on the internet, but Dietz is apparently not cared about on the internet unless you have one of those hurricane lanterns. Hmmm, THAT would be interesting on the roof...
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007